Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day and Night



The difference in her week days and her weekends are astonishing.  We have had such a good week.  The napping schedule is really making a difference in her ability to stay awake in the evenings.  Some how that one hour really helps her get through her day at school and then in the evening as well.  But for whatever reason her weekends are so out of whack. 

Well I can guess the reason.  She gets up and watches TV as she has always done on Saturday mornings, but an hour into that she is ready to sleep. We have to schedule things into our day that are just to keep active and moving.  Not that we can't all benefit from it but it is just an adjustment. But what's another adjustment.  If we don't do it she ends up spending her day in and out of sleep.  Then it throws her nights off and she becomes an insomniac. Tuesday night she claims she was up from 9-4.  I'm pretty sure she was in and out of sleep all night but she thinks she was awake the whole time.  Whether she was or wasn't, I just keeping thinking how that has to affect her mentally. 

We went to a party Saturday and she played  from 11:30-3:30. Riding bikes and scooters, playing basketball, jumping in the moon bounce.  She had a blast.  And she took a 3 hour nap afterward.  It wiped her out. I would think that school  would do the same to her. 

So I wrote all of the above paragraphs yesterday but today I had a thought that I really hope to be true. I think she may have come out of her funk, depression even but I'm not sure if she is just having a good week.  I really hope this is a turning point for her as far as her attitude goes anyway. But then again, maybe she has just slept well the last couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment